At the ICT 2013 and starting from tomorrow 05/11 through 08/11 (http://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/en/ict-2013) METIS will have:
- A test-bed demonstration on "Device-to-Device with focus on resource management for D2D in a cellular system", Booth 4B13;
- A networking session "How the wireless future will look like? The METIS 5G scenarios", Booth 7, 07/11/2013 (09:00-10:30).
The session (http://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/events/cf/ict2013/item-display.cfm?id=11545) will highlight the important scenarios and topics researched in the METIS project on 5G. The project has defined five scenarios that are further divided into use cases where future challenges are detailed. In the session we will explain the scenarios and highlight the largest challenges for future mobile communication systems
The session is aimed at professionals and decision makers in the communications industry (as well professionals in vertical industries such as consumer electronics, energy, transport etc.) wishing to gain deeper understanding of the challenges and technologies for future communication systems and how it may impact their ecosystem. One of the main purposes of this networking session is to receive feedback on the envisioned use cases and challenges and we welcome professionals from other areas to engage in the discussions.
Agenda for 07/11/2013 (09:00-10:30)
- 09:00 Welcome
- 09:10 Overview of METIS: Foundation of 5G [Dr. Afif Osseiran, Ericsson]
- 09:20 How the wireless future will look like? The 5G scenarios [Dr. Afif Osseiran, Ericsson]
- 09:40 Open discussion
- 09:55 Device-to-Device comm.: What is next? [Dr. Patrick Marsch, NSN]
- 10:10 The METIS D2D Test-bed at ICT-2013 [Dr. Kalle Ruttik, Aalto University]
- 10:20 Q&A about D2D
- 10:25 Closing